Boardtracker



Once this was a cute but plain matt black cruiser (above in the foreground) bought second hand from Ebay. The focus for this project was a pair of big fat Kenda Flame tyres that I had aquired.


The forks came with the bike but I stripped them of any parts I thought wasn't necessary and shortened them as far as I could. This helped to give the bike its stance as well as made the tyre clearances tight to the frame. 'Don't go over inflating those tyres now!'



Although the original frame had really nice curves and geometry the welding was pretty ugly. I started to add fibreglass and bodyfiller before handing it over to Phil Gay at Autocraft in Hull. After that it all went a bit serious.  




I made the saddle from a cheap junk saddle that had split and the foam had been ripped out of. I removed the rest of coverings and foam to leave just the rails and plastic base. I cut out some centre sections and covered the saddle base in some old armchair leather and finished the openings with bits of shoe lace. The finished result is quite effective and adds to the race/retro feel of the project.














Comments