PROJECT X

This project was a warm up to keep me building over the cold months. As it turned out to be not such a bad Winter, it was easy to get out in the garage and get stuck in. I can be a bit of a fair weather bike fan, a big bike Jessie really. I've just uploaded a short film of the build on YouTube
When I saw this Planet X Kaffenback frame I loved the colour combination. I’d never taken much notice of them, but on closer inspection the CNC’d removable rear dropouts, disc brake mounts and really meticulous welding combine to make an exceptionally well finished and handling steel frame single speeder.
After going through my own parts supplies, I came up with the idea of whiting the thing up without going too far.
I’ve always liked Planet X as a brand. They have some really nice bikes and a massive choice. Also, they’re a Yorkshire based company with a headquarters that’s more gentlemen’s outfitters than bike shop. It’s well worth a visit.

Comments